Sunday 13 February 2011

NEWS: BAFTA Winners - How Did Wild Bore Do?

BAFTA is finishing and so let's find out who won! Did Wild Bore do well? 


Well, they are always a pre-cursor to the Oscars, or so the British want to think, but you can see here what I thought would win and what I wanted to win. But here I'm not considering what I wanted to win, just my predictions. Let's see!

Best Supporting Actress


Helena Bonham Carter - King's Speech


Wild Bore said: Lesley Manville - Another Year





Best Supporting Actor


Geoffrey Rush - King's Speech


Wild Bore said: Pete Postlethwaite - The Town

Best Leading Actress:


Natalie Portman - Black Swan


Best Leading Actor:


Colin Firth - King's Speech


Best Animated Film


Toy Story 3


Film Not In English Language


The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo


Wild Bore said: Of Gods and Men

Best Adapted Screenplay


The Social Network - Aaron Sorkin


Best Original Screenplay


The King's Speech - David Seidler


Wild Bore said: The Kids Are All Right - Lisa Cholodenko, Stuart Blumberg


Best Director


The Social Network - David Fincher


Outstanding Debut


Four Lions - Chris Morris


Outstanding British Film


The King's Speech


Best Film


The King's Speech


Wild Bore said: The Social Network


WILD BORE SCORE: 7/12

Not bad. However, I think it's unfair King's Speech won Best Film and Outstanding British Film, Mike Leigh must be fuming - especially since his outrage earlier this week at the BFI. I honestly didn't think it would be that predictable and even in my predictions, I gave some elbow room for some random choices which was clearly too much room! If you're watching this on TV I hope you enjoy the pretty dresses because this must be completely unsurprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment